Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Striking change in a Buffet Server

I am continually impressed by the work done here at our shop by our talented Craftsmen.  When this Buffet came in, I was not impressed.  Personally, I am not a fan of green furniture.  I know there are those out there who love it, but I just don't see the attraction.  So when this piece came in, I was hoping that it was for more that just a repair job. Sure enough, it was going to be totally stripped down and re-finished.  Yay!  But I never could have thought it would come out as beautiful as it did.   This Buffet has such an interesting combination of woods that the owner decided to just do a 'natural' (clear) stain and a satin finish. Since the main pieces of the buffet are mahogany and the trim & edges are poplar, it ended up having two different colors which gave such a nice highlighting effect.  I love it.  I would love to have it in my dining room!   What do you think?  Do you think the green was better?  Do you like their choice in stain color?

No comments:

Post a Comment