Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Ornate Walking Cane, Put back together.

There are so many things going on at the shop right now!  I counted 39 wood clamps in use at this moment.  I made a collage using photos of all the clamps in use right now.  You can check it out on our Flicker page here........... or on our facebook page here..... In the mean time though, I chose my favorite of all the current clamping/gluing jobs to tell you about in more detail.    This is by far one of the most unique walking canes I have ever seen.  It is covered with carvings of jungle animals and I am sure the gentleman who uses this gets impressed looks wherever he walks.  When the cane broke, his daughter brought it to us for repair.   If you look very carefully you can see one of the two breaks which runs through the lion's back.  We have epoxied the split and it is set in clamps while the glue hardens.  We chose epoxy to repair it because once it is set, it becomes pretty much indestructible.  That break will never come un-done again!


No comments:

Post a Comment