Work continues on a Roll Top desk which came to us in so many pieces, I playfully called it the 'Humpty Dumpty' desk. We put the entire thing together and once we did, the discovery was made that it was missing a few slats on the tambour unit. The owner of the desk gave us the go ahead and we had 3 more slats custom made to fit the originals. Now we have to cut them to length and drill holes to match the rest of the unit. A wire runs through these holes to keep them together, instead of them all being glued to a cloth.
Another project on this Roll Top desk is that of creating new drawers for the cubbies. There was only one drawer left. We were able to use this original drawer to determine what the styling of the new drawers should be. The 3 smaller drawer still need a handle, then all the drawers, and the new tambour pieces, need to be stained to match the rest of the desk. This should be an interesting task, and the finish on the rest of the desk is pretty old an worn.
Tell us about what projects you are working on right now. We would love to hear!