Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Update on Full-to-Queen Bed Project

 In  my last post,  I showed you all a Full Sized Bed that we are modifying to make into a Queen.  I just wanted to give you a bit of an update on that project, as I think it a fascinating one.  In the top picture you can see what the existing carving on the top of the headboard looks like.

In the picture above you can see one of the new extensions cut from the old bed rails, while it is in the process of having decorative carving applied.  We created a design for the carving that mimicked the design on the headboard and foot board.  This carving will be featured on all 4 extension pieces.  I love the creativity that goes into the work we do here.  This is such a good example of that creativity in action.  To create a design that will flow seamlessly with the original bed is like creating art.  But our craftsmen don't just design, they have the skills to put that design into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment